About Me!

I'm a creative; I'm smart-ish, funny (I hope) and permanently hungry...I love to read, draw, build (terrible) robots, take photos and eat... Please follow me by email and on Google+
(on the right sidebar)

p.s Scroll to the very bottom of the homepage for a list of my favourite books :)

Saturday 19 March 2016

Super Simple Fruit Galettes!

Hi Everyone,

This afternoon I decided to make a Donna Hay recipe, but I didn't feel like making anything difficult. Enter 'Fruit Galettes'
Here are some photos:


They look good even before baking!
And some dramatic shots:





These galettes are so simple, anybody could make them! Just preheat the oven to 200 degrees celcius, grab some shop-bought puff pastry and slice some fruit (pears and apples work well) then lay the fruit on small rectangles of puff pastry and sprinkle sugar over the top. Lay on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for 20 minutes (NOTE: I would have liked mine a teeny bit more caramelised, so perhaps leave them in for longer if you like caramelised fruit...so basically everyone leave them in for a bit longer!) Then eat. Actually, maybe wait a few minutes so they cool down...

Here is the finished product, baked and yummy:

Look at those!! There is nothing more glorious than pastry straight out of the oven :) 

Enjoy!
Eve out :3

2 comments:

  1. Oh Yum!! They look great! And they taste as good as they look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I will be making these sometime...

    ReplyDelete