About Me!

I'm a creative; I'm smart-ish, funny (I hope) and permanently hungry...I love to read, draw, build (terrible) robots, take photos and eat... Please follow me by email and on Google+
(on the right sidebar)

p.s Scroll to the very bottom of the homepage for a list of my favourite books :)

Saturday 12 March 2016

Fairy Lights!

Hi everyone!

I hope your day has been FANTASTIC and not full of homework and last-minute report writing like mine has...

But there has been an upside to all this! To cheer me up,my mum bought me these gorgeous copper-wire string lights I have been wanting for so long:
As soon as I got the box open and the batteries in!

They are battery operated (3xAA) and just turn on/off with a little switch. I got 5 meters but they come in shorter/longer lengths too. They have other colours, but I loved the warm-white (basically off-white) because it works well in any room and looks very feminine.

As you can imagine, I played with them for about half and hour:


Blurry attempt at artistic selfie


Another artistic selfie!


TOTORO!

And then got down to business: I wanted to put them up in my room, somewhere that would look magical and light up the whole room. I tried against the side wall but it looked a bit plain:
yeah, too boring
Then I pinned them up along the wall above my dresser and around my little bookshelf and they covered the whole corner! They really do look magical ( I have included a before and after shot!)

Before...


After!!!


They work really well and don't heat up very much (unless coiled, in that case they heat up a LOT...) and wouldn't be a fire risk unless you left them on overnight maybe. I don't plan on burning my house down, so I won't be leaving them unattended! You can buy these lights here at a very reasonable price:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/141864350673?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=441002972877&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT


Hope you enjoyed this post!

Eve out :3


7 comments:

  1. Haha! I like your lights!! They are very pretty!

    Keep on posting! It is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them!! They look very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Groove-meister!
    Of course you played with them for half an hour! (I would too!)

    So much pretty!

    ReplyDelete